FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Juan Ramiro Sarmiento
(785) 760 6567 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Report: Young Invincibles Releases Robust Path Forward Plan for Young Adults
(Washington, DC) – Today, Young Invincibles released a suite of 40 policy proposals for institutional and political leaders that were crafted with young people, for young people. The Path Forward attempts to reimagine and redesign the outdated and weakened public policy frameworks in our higher education, health care, and workforce development institutions.
The Path Forward was not just developed for young people. It was developed by young people. For three months, Young Invincibles held conversations with lawmakers, industry experts, and young adults to develop a policy platform that centers the intersectional needs of young people in a post-Covid world.
We pressure tested these policy recommendations with our network of young people and bolstered our conclusions with data from a national sample of 2,159 young people ages 18-34 years old across the country. Key findings suggest:
- 60% of young people support full student loan forgiveness for all borrowers;
- 70% of young people agree that the government should help cover living expenses at public two-and four-year colleges;
- 78% of young people strongly or somewhat favor the expansion of the ACA with a public option;
- 75% of young people strongly or somewhat favor Medicare-for-All; and
- 60% of young people support a minimum wage of more than $10 per hour.
The Path Forward makes the case for bold structural policy and institutional changes that, by leading with inclusion, will not only chart us through the ongoing Covid-19 crisis but will build a more resilient, equitable future for young people. Our solutions are focused on:
- Addressing student debt and college affordability
- Revolutionizing course delivery and degree program structure
- Embracing the equity imperative on college campuses
- Implementing student-ready models of support
- Securing universal, equitable health coverage for all
- Eliminating drivers of medical debt
- Addressing the inequitable quality of care that drives racial and ethnic disparities
- Increasing wages and dismantling structural racism in employment
- Promoting an inclusive recovery beyond Covid-19
- Strengthening social programs to address basic human needs
- Building workforce data systems to meet evolving employment needs
Read more here: https://younginvincibles.org/pathforward/.