Young adults across Illinois speak out on social media on Young Invincibles’ Digital Advocacy Day!
On Thursday, March 25th, young adults across Illinois will gather on social media all day, telling our state legislators in Springfield what we want them to work on. We’ve heard over and over again from legislators that what influences their votes the most is hearing from you. It’s time to get online and make some noise!
To take action on any or all of the issues we’re working on, click on the links below:
- Funding campus mental health services. Tell your legislators to fund critical campus mental health programs which could potentially save students’ lives.
- Funding for the Monetary Award Program (MAP) grants. Urge your legislators to fund MAP and provide much needed financial aid.
- Planning for financial literacy in schools. Ask legislators to start planning out a financial literacy curriculum so young adults are taught about credit scores, taxes, and more in school.
- Expanding the Earned Income Tax Credit. Urge legislators to expand this tax credit for young adults to make the tax system work for young adults.
- Prioritizing student parents. Connect with your legislators and ask them to start supporting students who struggle to balance school and parenthood.
Thanks for taking action on Thursday, March 25th. We won’t see change without your advocacy!