For Planning Purposes Only
Date: January 15, 2015
Sarah Lovenheim, firstname.lastname@example.org, 585-746-8281
Colin Seeberger, email@example.com, 214-223,2913
Justin Nisly, firstname.lastname@example.org, 202-601-2494
Young Invincibles, Enroll America Announce Dozens of Events in Lead Up to National Youth Enrollment Day, Slated for January 29
Washington, D.C. — In advance of National Youth Enrollment Day — the single biggest day of Millennial enrollment outreach this year — Young Invincibles and Enroll America unveil some of the highlights of the dozens of health care fairs and enrollment events planned nationwide.
From New York to Texas to California, the national organizations leading the effort to sign young people up for new affordable health plans, will hold events that are expected to attract hundreds of people and top notch entertainment, as part of a national drive to get America covered.
Six of the biggest events planned for the week of the youth enrollment blitz are included below. Please contact Young Invincibles or Enroll America for a longer list. To date, events have been scheduled in more than 20 states, including AZ, CA, CO, IL, FL, NC, NY, PA, and VA.
Houston, TX Rock Enroll, Jan. 24
- An afternoon of live bands, fitness sessions, free health screenings, in addition to enrollment booths
- Participating partners to include young, local artists
Columbia, MD Howard County Hosts Enrollment Fair, Jan. 24
- An almost day-long enrollment event, tailored for young African Americans and Latinos
- Participating partners to include Health Care 4 All and the Howard County African American Roundtable
Columbus, OH LGBTQ Education and Enrollment, Jan. 29
- Local health and LGBTQ organizations team up to educate LGBTQ young people on benefits and protections under the ACA and provide free enrollment assistance at the Columbus Health Department.
- Participating partners to include Columbus Public Health, Stonewall Columbus, and Out2Enroll
Atlanta, GA Day of ACA Block Parties, Jan. 29
- Health experts rove across college campuses, providing education, enrollment and music
- Participating partners to include Department of Health and Human Services, community colleges, technical schools, and barber shops
Detroit, MI MUSICARES Enrollment Fair, Jan. 31
- Enroll America teams up with MusiCares, ACCESS, American Indians for Health and Family Services, and the City of Detroit.
- Health experts will be on hand at the Detroit Public Library to provide education and enrollment assistance to young, uninsured musicians who live in metro Detroit.
Miami, FL South Florida Youth Education and Enrollment Summit, Jan. 31
- Local health organizations and student assisters team up to educate local college community on benefits and financial assistance available on the health insurance Marketplace
- Free in-person, multi-lingual ACA enrollment assistance available at Miami-Dade College in North Miami and at Florida International University Modesto in South Miami.
Please be in touch with any questions, using the contact information above.