Last Revised: October 23, 2017
We are not performing any services on behalf of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services or any specific health insurance exchange. This website and tools are operated by Young Invincibles to help you better understand your options under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), connect you with local help to answer any of your questions and help with your Health Insurance Marketplace application, and link you to the online Health Insurance Marketplace.
We reserve the right to change the provisions of this Policy at any time. We will alert you that changes have been made by indicating on the Policy the date it was last updated. We encourage you to review this Policy from time to time to make sure that you understand how any personal information you provide will be used.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Active Collection: Personal information may be collected in a number of ways when you visit our Sites. We collect certain information you voluntarily provide to us, such as if you create an account or a profile, make a donation, send us an email or sign up to receive email or text message updates, fill out a form, connect through a social feed, sign up to be a volunteer or host an event, use a tool on a Site or request information. Such information may include personal information, such as your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, and credit card information. We may also collect demographic information you may voluntarily provide from time to time, such as in response to questionnaires, surveys, and interactive tools such as calculators, including gender, ethnicity, education, income and interest information. When you provide information in connection with scheduling an appointment for in-person assistance with your Health Insurance Marketplace application, we will collect information about that appointment and your contact information in connection with that appointment.
If this information is tied to personally identifiable information, it will be treated as personal information. Personal and demographic information may also be collected if you provide such information in connection with creating a profile or group, leaving comments, posting blog comments or other content, sending an email or message to another user, or participating in any interactive forums or features on the Sites. In addition, from time to time we may collect demographic, contact or other personal information you provide in connection with your participation in surveys, sweepstakes, games, promotions and other activities on the Sites. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect on the Sites. When you provide information in connection with the Plan Explorer, we will collect information about the health condition(s) and preferred provider(s). This information is not stored with any personally identifiable information you voluntarily provide.
Passive Collection: When you use the Sites, some information is also automatically collected, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your operating system, the browser type, pages viewed, the address of a referring web site, and your activity on the Sites. If you access the Sites from a mobile device, we may also collect information about the type of mobile device you use and the type of mobile Internet browsers you use. We treat this information as personal information if we combine it with or link it to any of the identifying information mentioned above. Otherwise, it is used in the aggregate only.
We may also automatically collect certain information through the use of “cookies” or web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive at the request of a website. Among other things, cookies help us improve the Sites and your experience. Information obtained from cookies and linked to personally identifiable information is treated as personal information. If you wish to block, erase, or be warned of cookies, please refer to your browser manufacturer to learn about these functions. However, if you choose to remove or reject browser cookies, this could affect certain features on our Sites. Web beacons are small, invisible graphic images that may be used on the Sites or in emails relating to the Sites to collect certain information about usage and program effectiveness and monitor user activity on the Sites.
When Do We Share Personal Information with Third Parties?
It is our policy not to share the personal information we collect from you through the Sites with third parties except as described in this Policy or as otherwise disclosed on the Sites.
We may share personal information as follows:
- with vendors, consultants, and other service providers or volunteers who are engaged by or working with us and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us;
- with organizations, groups or causes that we believe support the Affordable Care Act or otherwise have similar viewpoints, principles, activities or objectives;
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you on the Sites, that the information you provide will be shared or used in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- when you register for an appointment, the information you provide will be shared with the organization with which you have scheduled the appointment;
- when we are operating a co-branded site, application or tool, we may share the information you provide with the party with whom we are co-branding;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- when we believe in good faith that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to respond to claims or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Young Invincibles, our users, our employees, our volunteers, copyright owners, third parties or the public, including without limitation to protect such parties from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful activity or use of our Site;
- to enforce or apply this Policy, our Terms and Conditions of Use, or our other policies or agreements; and
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, reorganization, acquisition, asset sale, financing or lending transaction or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of Young Invincibles.
We are not responsible for the actions of any service providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties, and we encourage you to become familiar with their privacy practices before disclosing information directly to any such parties. Nothing herein restricts the sharing of aggregated or anonymized information, which may be shared with third parties without your consent.