Since 1980, college tuition has tripled at public and private four-year universities, and doubled at community colleges. The average student graduates owing over $26,000 in student loans. For some perspective, check out our student debt infographic. Even as higher education becomes more important than ever to economic opportunity, the twin surges in tuition and student debt have made it that much harder for our generation to earn a degree. Young Invincibles is committed to developing comprehensive policy proposals to make college accessible and ensuring that all young Americans earn a credential that leads to a good job. Read below for research, policy ideas, blog posts, and fact sheets related to higher education.
What is the one thing you wish your school knew about the rising cost of college?
Check out these resources for understanding student loans:
- Facts about college affordability
- Understanding the FAFSA
- Understanding student loan interest rates
- Understanding your award letter
- Understanding the difference between federal and private student loans
- Understanding repayment plans
- More resources to help you understand student loans!