The annual open enrollment period starts November 1st, 2018, but if you experience certain life changes you may still have a chance to enroll in coverage now.
These events may qualify you to enroll now:
losing your health coverage
- by turning 26 and aging off of your parents’ plan
- changing jobs and losing employer coverage
- becoming ineligible for Medicaid or CHIP
- leaving school and losing student health insurance
- getting married
- having a baby or adoption/foster care placement
- a permanent move where new options are available to you
What you need to know to get enrolled:
- The next open enrollment period starts November 1, 2018 and ends December 15, 2018. Make a plan to enroll early and avoid the deadline rush!
- New plans and prices are available each year, and plans may be more affordable than you think. Last year, 8 in 10 marketplace shoppers qualified for a plan for $75/month or less.
- Re-enrolling? Shop and save! It’s more important than ever to shop around. You may be eligible for additional savings, so make sure to log into your account, update your information, compare plans and pick the plan that’s right for you.
- Free, local help is available. Use the connector tool above to make an appointment for free in person help enrolling in coverage in your area.